Company: Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources has an opening for a
motivated and caring School-Based Therapist to work with schools in
Marion County. Work hours will follow the school schedule. Previous
experience working in school setting preferred. The School-Based
Therapist position plays a vital role in Pine Belt's ability to
provide counseling services in a timely manner to students who are
experiencing behavioral and/or mental health difficulties.
For 40 years, Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources has served
individuals throughout the Pine Belt. Through an extensive
continuum of care, we strive to enable adults with serious mental
illnesses, children with serious emotional disturbances, and
individuals with an addiction or developmental disability to live,
work, learn, and participate fully in their communities. Our
thirteen county service area includes Forrest, Hancock, Harrison,
Jones, Lamar, Covington, Greene, Jeff Davis, Marion, Pearl River,
Perry, Stone and Wayne Counties.
- Master's degree in behavioral health field required
- Graduate intern in behavioral health field required
- Behavioral health experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills required in both verbal and
- Must have valid driver's license with satisfactory driving
- Provides clinical therapy support services and emergency
services to consumers and their families.
- Assists the youth in establishing realistic therapeutic goals
appropriate to the problems presented.
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct a mental status exam when
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the consumer served.
- Provides written record of youth's progress through the
- Provides community education services as needed.
- Provides the care needed as required by DMH and PBMHR
Keywords: Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources, Jackson , School-Based Therapist, Healthcare , Columbia, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!