Nursing Assistant (NA)
Company: Select Specialty Hospital - Belhaven
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
$3,000 sign-on bonus!
Nursing Assistant (NA)
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select
Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU
patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs
over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to
approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience
that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment.
Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our
cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being
patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex
patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient
experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with
Responsibilities:We are looking for valued employees who will be
Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the
patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community
in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new
ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is
As a Nursing Assistant (NA), you will be working alongside highly
skilled clinicians and some of the best critical care nurses in the
country. You will work under the general supervision of a
Registered Nurse and perform routine tasks in patient care, bedside
nursing, and documentation of care provided.
- Performing services for the patient involving bathing using
basin-less bath products, oral hygiene, oral feeding and care of
- Answering patient lights and performing services in a timely
manner that adds to the physical well-being of the patient.
- Participating in hourly rounds.
- Transporting patients to and from various treatment centers
when necessary; assisting transporters in moving patients in and
out of stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of various instruments and
equipment such as bedpans, urinals and wheelchairs.
- Keeping the patient's rooms in clean and orderly condition,
including making beds.
- Maintaining unit stock levels of supplies and equipment as
directed.Qualifications:You will demonstrate an understanding of
patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and
understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing
superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who
thrives in a dynamic environment.
- High school diploma/equivalent or relevant work experience (3+
- BLS required within 90 days of hire.
- Requires hospital experience as a nursing assistant,
certification as a nursing assistant, or experience in a related
field such as a medical assistant or as an actively enrolled
nursing student.Nursing students may be considered as nurse
assistants if approved by the State Practice Act.Additional
Data:Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life
balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling
careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of
registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical and
occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and
physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.We'd love for you to join the
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Specialty Hospital - Belhaven, Jackson , Nursing Assistant (NA), Healthcare , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!