Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Telehealth) - Florence, MS
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Objective:As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker you will assess,
educate and collaborate with patients on care planning that
addresses everything from work, travel and financial concerns to
emotional support. Provide individuals, families, and groups with
the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or
terminal illnesses. Services include advising patients and/or
family/caregivers, providing patient education and counseling, and
making referrals for other services. The Social Worker may also
provide care and case management, or interventions designed to
promote health, prevent disease, and address barriers to access to
- Participates in care planning in collaboration with the patient
and healthcare team to identify effective interventions that will
help the patient meet rehabilitation, treatment goals, and improve
quality of life.
- Assesses patient knowledge of kidney disease for barriers that
may affect adherence to treatment.
- Assess for social determinants of health that may impact
treatment and assist with identifying community resources to
- Assist patient and/or family/caregiver in completing
applications for services and/or resources.
- Provides ongoing education to patient/family regarding
psychosocial issues related to Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and End
Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and all support services that are
- Enables support groups and family members in dealing with and
understanding the needs of the patient.
- Develops detailed and error-free case notes involving mental
health and risk assessments.
- Adjusts treatment plans in compliance with changes in the
status of the patient.
- Provides information and assists the team and patient with
referral to community resources (home health services, vocational
rehabilitation, etc.) to facilitate optimal treatment
- Provides supportive and goal directed counseling to patients
who are seeking transplant.
- Assesses patient awareness of advance directives; assists with
accessing advance directive forms/information and facilitates
discussion of advance directive wishes, if necessary, with the
healthcare team and the patient's family/support persons.
- In collaboration with the physician and nurse, participates in
the discussion of patient DNR status in the facility to ensure
patient understanding and informed decision making.
- Utilize motivational interview techniques to address
non-adherence and quality of life concerns for all patients.
- Collaborates with Facility Management and Accounting/Billing to
address patient issues related to insurance or copay concerns.
- Conduct in-home and face to face visits as necessary to assess
patient needs and implement plan of care (up to 50% same day travel
with this role).
- Perform other duties as assigned Competencies:
- Works and communicates well in a team environment.
- Displays ethical conduct at all times toward patients,
families, and co-workers.
- Completes training as required and demonstrates professional
effectiveness and positive demeanor.
- Maintains a customer/client focus.Required Education and
- Master's degree in social work.
- Active and unrestricted state-specific licensure required;
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Unrestricted driver's license and reliable transportation
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate clearly
and concisely both orally and in writing to patients, family
members and various professionals.
- Basic computer skills and understanding. Preferred Education
- Five (5) years of related work experience.
- Two (2) years of experience working with the dialysis/kidney
- Track record of excellent customer service skills.
- Medicare or Medicaid experience preferredOther DutiesPlease
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Somatus, Jackson , Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Telehealth) - Florence, MS, Healthcare , Florence, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!