Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Company: Premise Health
Posted on: February 14, 2020
We have an opening for a --PRN Physical Therapy Assistant --to work
with our Employer Health Clinic located in --Canton, MS!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement
company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee
healthcare. -- We believe healthcare should be about helping people
get, stay and be well. That------s our mission and it------s the
foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of
experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based
health and wellness centers across the country. -- The company
serves more than 200 of the nation------s leading employers,
including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This PRN Physical Therapy Assistant will work with our
Occupational and Primary Care Health Clinics. --
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises,
therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical
modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation,
ultraviolet, infrared, and hot and cold packs.
- Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve
functional activities such as perambulation, transfer, ambulation,
and daily living activities.
- Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates
data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and reports
orally or in writing to Physical Therapist.
- Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in use and care
of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as
crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confers with members of physical therapy staff and other health
team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss,
and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and
coordinating treatment programs.
- Performs clerical duties such as taking inventory, ordering
supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out
- Measures patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of
body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific
treatments or to assist Physical Therapist to compile data for
- May require other duties as assigned --
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate,
like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an
unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face
and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it. --We are an
equal opportunity employer. --
- Associates Degree from an approved/accredited Physical Therapy
Assistant program. --
- Certified or Licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant if
applicable in practicing State.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for
medical provider is required, -- Advanced Cardiac Life Support may
also be required based on contract scope of servicesExperience:
- At least two years------ experience as a Physical Therapy
Assistant in an outpatient orthopedic, occupational health, or
other ambulatory care clinic.------ Experience in an occupational
health clinic preferred. --Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and/or an
- Knowledge about workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA
regulations preferred. --
Keywords: Premise Health, Jackson , Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), Healthcare , Pearl, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!