Senior Director of Operations
Company: RePublic Schools
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Who We Are
-is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in
Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public
education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate
from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional
academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by
teaching them to code - starting in the 5th -grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally
underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income,
and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the
odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic's schools have scored
in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the
state of Tennessee for -both -student growth and absolute
achievement - making ours the first (and only) charter schools in
state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff,
and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our
scholars succeed. We are looking for a -Senior Director of
Operationsin Jackson, MS -for the 2018-19 school year. Candidates
must share our unwavering belief that all children in Mississippi
can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like
What You'll Do
At RePublic, we believe that the people in front of our scholars
each day are -the -key determinants of their ultimate success. Our
school-based operations teams exist to block and tackle for staff
to ensure that they can focus on what matters most each day -
teaching and learning. Responsible for the coaching, development,
and support of school-based operations teams, the -Senior Director
of Operations (SDOO) -is charged with developing a strong
operations pipeline in schools. Reporting to the Director of
Network Operations, the SDOO provides professional development to
operations team members through "on the job training," serves as
liaison for regional vendors, and drives all regional
- Operational Leadership Development
- Provide tailored training and professional development for
school-based Directors of Operations based on current performance
and school-level operations metrics.
- Assist the regional Principal manager in developing principals
as managers of Directors of Operations.
- With Directors of Operations, coach each school-level team to
operational excellence by ensuring operational systems are
implemented with fidelity by all staff members and by giving
feedback to stakeholders when systems are not meeting the bar of
- Ensure each school meets network-mandated performance goals
around enrollment, facilities, finance, and Director of Operations
- Audit and coach school-based systems that are led by Directors
of Operations and provide real time coaching and improvement plans,
- Vendor Management
- Establish contracts for all regional shared vendor services
including, but not limited to, janitorial, food service, and
- Performance manage all shared services to ensure they are
cost-effective, blocking and tackling for schools, and ultimately,
- Perform as a functional bridge among vendors and school sites
by establishing shared communication and escalation
- Create and execute training and support tools for effective
- Work in tandem with school-based Directors of Operations to
project plan and manage annual or one-off facilities projects.
- Regional Compliance
- Ensure schools in the region are fully compliant with district,
state and national compliance requirements in the following
- Standardized testing across all contents and grade
- Student data, student files, and student health.
- School safety
- Attend required staff trainings and conferences, as needed, as
a representative of RePublic in Mississippi.
- Project manage, and complete as necessary, all compliance
deliverables for state authorizer that are required of an LEA, to
include, but not limited to, finance, special education, school
health, state testing.
Who You Are
Our ideal Senior Director of Operations will have an unwavering
belief that our students can achieve at an exceptionally high
level. -Beyond that, a successful candidate is: -
- Deeply committed to serving -our -kids. -You have elected to
work with historically underserved students, and do this work
because you believe that all students, regardless of background,
are capable of excellence - and that it's on us as adults to get
our kids there. You can speak knowledgeably about our mission, and
demonstrate a commitment to our educational model. You understand
that educational inequity is more pronounced in the South than
anywhere else in the nation, and you want to work with RePublic in
part because of our commitment to this region.
- A proven school leader, operations nerd, and a driver of
results. -You've demonstrated ability to drive results in the
pursuit of an ambitious vision and strategy, and you combine your
exceptional strategic, analytical, and critical-thinking skills
with your penchant to use data to drive decision-making to achieve
impressive outcomes. You've got a background in operational
excellence, and leadership and have moved other leaders and school
teams to results.
- A people developer. -You've led, directly managed, and coached
teams and individuals to achieve wildly impressive results for
scholars. You love and actively seek opportunities to develop
others through ongoing coaching, clear expectations and
accountability, strong inspirational and motivational skills, high
leverage feedback, and targeted professional development.
- ...and a people leader. -Let's be real - managing people is
hard. You've coached, directly managed, and demonstrably moved the
effectiveness of other adults before taking this job. You build
relationships across lines of difference, inspire and motivate
others to buy into your vision, navigate challenging conversations
with finesse, make tough calls, communicate effectively in all
formats, give and receive feedback fluidly, and model/hold a high
bar for adult excellence and exuberance.
- A systems builder. -You're comfortable with ambiguity, and
thrive in situations where you get to build something out of
nothing, or create order out of chaos. You choose start-up over
bureaucracy any day.
- A masterful executor. -You appreciate big picture, but you know
it's all in the details. -Your organizational systems ensure you
get things done. -You manage projects fluidly, fiercely prioritize,
and track timelines, data, and information in an organized and
systematic fashion. When you say you'll follow up with someone, you
do it - and you are known as someone who doesn't drop
- A strong communicator. -You've got a knack for speaking and
writing clearly, succinctly and persuasively such that expectations
are clear, timelines are delineated, and excellence is defined.
People would describe you as someone who is able to build
relationships across lines of difference that allow you to motivate
and inspire from a place of authenticity.
- A gritty problem-solver. -You keep it cool when things are
crazy, approach problems with viable solutions, and know when you
need to roll up your sleeves to support your team.
- Other qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree with a preference for a graduate degree in
a related field.
- Familiarity/proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Office Suite
- 2-3 years directly managing school-based operations in a K-12
environment, experience in high-performing public charter schools
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience.
Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits
- Submit your resume and an optional cover letter online:
Keywords: RePublic Schools, Jackson , Senior Director of Operations, Executive , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!