Safety and Training Manager
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview:The Safety and Training Manager will be responsible for
developing, communicating, and enforcing safety policies and
procedures at the transit location in compliance with federal,
state, local regulations and Transdev policies.
Why work with us?
- Competitive Pay
- Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Benefits
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off: Holidays, Vacation & Sick
To view Transdev's purpose and how we make a difference, follow
- Recruits and maintains adequate number of operators to provide
effective and safe service.
- Ensures a consistent safety culture at the location by
conducting safety training and meetings to ensure all staff are
adequately trained and understands safety and security
- Maintain reporting and risk management tools in an updated and
- Ensures contract compliance with all federal, state, and local
regulations and Transdev/client policies.
- Sets the tone for the location as the expert in EPA
(Environmental Protection Agency), OSHA (Occupational Safety and
Health Administration), CDL compliance and regulations.
- Oversees the successful completion of all safety related audits
at location.Qualifications:Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the public transportation
- 2 years of progressive experience in a Safety role.
- Familiarity with all applicable safety rules, regulations and
standards - OSHA, EPA, NIMS and ADA requirements.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of DOT (Department of
Transportation), FTA (Federal Transit Administration), FMCSA
(Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) rules and
- Strong written and oral communication skills, that include
ability to explain and present regulations to others.
- Ability to travel (
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required.
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver's License or ability to obtain
a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License required.
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check.
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space
equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent
sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check Associated topics: climate,
diligence, ehs, environment, health, health and safety, recycle,
safety, safety specialist, sewage
Keywords: transdevna, Jackson , Safety and Training Manager, Executive , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!