Assistant Director of Personnel
Company: St. Matthew's UMC
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF PERSONNEL FOR WEEKDAY MINISTRY*
St. Matthew's United Methodist Church
7427 Old Canton Rd., Madison, MS 39110
*POSITION DESCRIPTION: *
*SUPERVISOR: *Weekday Director
*Status: *Full-Time (40 hours), Salary-Exempt
*Characteristics of Position: *
The Assistant Director of the Weekday Ministry oversees the
Preschool and Afterschool Programs and staff, while assisting the
Weekday Director in upholding the mission and high standards of
Weekday Ministry here at St. Matthew's United Methodist Church. The
Assistant Director assumes all Director responsibilities in the
absence of the Director.
*Knowledges, Competencies, and Skills: *
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills,
conflict management skills, and computer/technology skills.
* Ability to prioritize projects.
* Excellent people-person skills.
* Ability to relate to children.
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure in a busy and
Ability to pick up a child. * Maintain confidentiality of family
* Is faithful to their worshiping community with their Prayers,
Presence, Gifts, Service, and
* Seeks to be a servant leader to St. Matthew's staff and
* Seeks to share their faith in Jesus Christ through word and
* Seeks to live a life of integrity and grace.
* Shares the vision and values of St. Matthew's UMC and its
* Undertakes self-development activities.
* Seeks increased responsibilities.
* Uses times effectively.
* Takes responsibility for actions.
* Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines.
* Learns new skills.
* Plans and meets budget.
* Shows overall professional attitude and appearance.
*Communication and Teamwork*
* Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and/or in written form.
* Demonstrates good listening and comprehension skills.
* Keeps others adequately informed.
* Puts needs of team ahead of own interest.
* Actively participate in staff meetings and conversations.
* Responds to communication from staff and laity in timely
* Knows and understands the performance outcomes of the job.
* Displays understandings of how the job relates to others.
* Plans and prioritizes tasks to achieve desired results.
* Stays abreast of cutting edge development related to the job.
--- Assist with interviews and hiring process for Preschool and
--- Schedule Preschool and Afterschool staff maintaining a MSDH
staff-to-child ratio and ensuring a minimal use of overtime.
--- Manage and approve sick leave, vacation leave, and unpaid leave
--- Arrange for substitute teachers for Preschool and
--- Evaluate Preschool staff members on an annual basis.
--- Work with the Administrative Assistant to make sure that
Preschool and Afterschool staff are getting in their training
--- Supervise teachers to ensure that they are following lesson
--- Develop a driving schedule to bring kids from school to
--- Oversee and manage the operations of the Weekday Ministry
Preschool and Afterschool
--- Facilitate the organization and inventory of the Weekday closet
and storage shed.
--- Notify the Director of any staff or parent issues.
--- Conduct and assist with staff meetings
--- Plan and work with Preschool and Afterschool teachers regarding
--- Be available to parents and staff.
--- Maintain knowledge of MSDH guidelines and policies.
--- Assist teachers with managing behavior problems.
--- Observe/monitor classrooms regularly.
Take proper disciplinary actions required for staff not following
policies and procedures.
Keep the Director informed of any necessary information regarding
the care and safety of children.
--- Be a welcoming presence to all who enter the Weekday
--- Other duties as required.
*Education/Experience: *Bachelor's degree or five years of
childcare experience required.
--- CPR certification required,
--- Meet one of the education and/or experience requirements as
defined by the Mississippi
Department of Health within 6 months of hire date.
--- Must be able to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands and
fingers, stoop, kneel and lift up to 30 pounds.
--- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
_St. Matthew's United Methodist Church provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion (although preference may be
given to members of the United Methodist Church or those embracing
the United Methodist doctrine, to the extent permissible by law),
gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or status
as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws_.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28,000.00 - $31,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Madison, MS 39110: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: St. Matthew's UMC, Jackson , Assistant Director of Personnel, Executive , Madison, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!