Continuous Improvement Manager
Company: Quality Steel
Posted on: November 22, 2022
*Position Description for Continuous Improvement Manager*
*Company: *LT Corporation
*Reports to: *Director, Continuous Improvement
*Company Overview: *
LT Corporation (LT Corp), based in Cleveland, Mississippi, is the
parent company of Quality Steel Corporation, LP Cylinder Service,
Inc., and Buckeye Fabricating Company with five locations in the
U.S. Quality Steel and LP Cylinder manufacture propane tanks and
cylinders and Buckeye Fabricating Company produces custom
fabricated pressure vessels. The company was founded in 1957 by
Lowry Tims and is committed to sustained value creation for all its
stakeholders, starting with employees, under family ownership and
leadership. The Company's commitment to excellence - caring for
employees, serving customers, and having a positive impact on local
communities - is core to its mission. To further its mission and
value creation, LT Corp is focused on growing both organically and
through acquisition as the LT Corporation family of companies.
At LT Corp, our purpose is to continue to improve the lives we
touch, to help others grow, thrive, and succeed - is further lived
out in our core beliefs and values and defining How we Lead. We
provide a positive and supportive environment with other
extraordinary total rewards including an employee stock ownership
plan and a high-match 401(k) to help our employees plan for their
secure futures consistent with our long-term value creation
*Position Summary: *
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager, QSC, CLE leads the
execution of the Continuous Improvement strategy and projects for
the Cleveland operations and supports QSC programs across all
manufacturing operations. The CI Manager oversees the site CI team
and programs, ensuring delivery on key metrics that improve Safety
Always, Quality, Delivery and Productivity. The CI Manager will
oversee the Leading 2 Lean system training, implementation and
maintenance for standard tracking and reporting across
manufacturing. The CI Manager works closely with operations and
across all levels of the organization and is a key part of the
Continuous Improvement Team.
*Key Responsibilities: *
* Lead the execution of the Continuous Improvement strategy and
projects across QSC operations to deliver overall business
improvements for QSC. Serve as organizational CI expert in key
focus areas based upon CI skills and experience.
* Oversees organized Site CI team activities and improvement
projects, ensuring completion according to the designated timeline.
Ensure programs and projects support achievement of KPIs including
Safety Always, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
* Provides coaching, structure and guidance on execution of
organizational X matrix initiatives and A3 goals. Provides guidance
and structure to sites in utilization of CI standards and
methodologies to enable site ownership.
* Oversee technical training for site operations, ensuring the
technical training coordinator develops technical training packets
in collaboration with the site operations.
* Oversee the site Leading 2 Lean system, ensuring accuracy and
currency of data, standard implementation and training on the
* Lead by example, demonstrating LT Corp's "How we Lead" (servant
leader, devoted, resilient, growth mindset, team player,
trustworthy, fun-loving) leadership traits and reinforcing LT
Corp's purpose, core beliefs, and values to all team members.
* Lead and direct the continuous improvement team, managing
performance by setting goals and coaching and developing team
members in "How we Lead" to achieve results and reinforce the
* Lead change and transformation across the organization, enabling
others to adapt and transition to new methods and processes.
* Collaborate across the organization especially with safety,
quality and operations to implement improvements.
* Report on all assigned Site CI activities and their progress.
* Certified in or expect to obtain Society of Manufacturing
Engineers (SME) Gold Level Lean, ASQ Black Belt, and SCRUM master
* Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience implementing a
continuous improvement and lean culture in a manufacturing
* Demonstrated tactical deployment of KPIs
* Demonstrated experience leading CI programs and projects
* Experience with Level 3 Value Stream Mapping preferred
* Experience with FlexSim (Modeling software) and MiniTab
(Six-Sigma software) preferred
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: *
* Self-directed; able to lead others
* Ability to lead strategic Kaizen Events across sites with various
levels of leadership
* Ability to lead advanced problem solving sessions across site(s)
with various levels of leadership
* Advanced MS Office experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to communicate technical concepts through various methods
to various audiences.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
*Education and Certification Qualifications: *
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
preferred. Equivalent work experience of 5+ years with demonstrated
results will also be considered.
* Up to 20% travel may be required to other Quality Steel
Quality Steel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a
protected veteran, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,487.02 - $143,251.94 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Health insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Quality Steel, Jackson , Continuous Improvement Manager, Executive , Cleveland, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!