Market Director, PI
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryProduct Management/PricingCompensation OverviewThe
annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide
market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role
across the country. The actual salary for this position will be
determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity
and location of the role; the skills, education, training,
credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions
of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and
benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based
cash incentive awards.Salary Range$100,400.00 - $165,700.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?Under General Supervision, this
position partners with regional leadership to manage profit and
loss in a region, or part of a region. Manages individuals who
focus on analyzing competitor behaviors, marketplace dynamics,
pricing segmentation, and line and segment level analysis. Partners
with senior leaders to formulate and collaborate on local and
regional strategies in conjunction with regulatory, actuarial, and
field partners. Participates in line of business strategies at a
countrywide level, while collaborating with field leadership to
implement decisions at a state level. This position manages
others.What Will You Do?
- Manages a state product management team to direct the analysis
process and make rate and trend selections to meet profitability
- Potentially lead 2-3 individuals in a territory that typically
contains one large state or several smaller states.
- Leads a team to formulate recommendations based on analysis and
interpretation of rates, data, and trends.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and develop conclusions for Personal Lines
products across multiple states.
- Manages implementation of improvements to procedures/workflow
between functions and field partners.
- Provides guidance to the development of workflow practices
across Personal Insurance Product Management that reduce redundancy
and establish consistency.
- Creates and maintains collaborative relationships with field
partners that supports state strategies.
- Initiates strategies based on analysis of data with input from
- Develops leadership qualities pertaining to the management of a
countrywide line of business
- Influences, collaborates and makes recommendations to product
leaders and field partners on state strategies.
- Based on Travelers and industry information, formulates
conclusions and makes strategic recommendations.
- Partners with Product Manager on development of pricing and
growth strategies for assigned region/territory.
- Negotiates rate changes with various channels and formulate
business review packages to document the rate changes.
- Trains, assimilates, and formally manages performance of team
- Presents findings of analysis and partners with leaders to
provide strategic overviews to senior management on a routine
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors degree in business management, mathematics,
management information, finance, actuarial science, economics or
other analytics related field.
- Masters degree preferred.
- 4 years of data analytics
- 4 years experience working in financial services industry
- General knowledge of Personal Lines products and systems.
- General knowledge of Pricing and Actuarial techniques.
- Technical Knowledge/Critical Thinking:
- Able to extract and analyze competitive data.
- Team Orientation:
- Ability to interact with the field sales team, work with DOI
and connections within the industry to gather competitive
- Planning and Project Management:
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Ability to work well in tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Communication Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Mastery of actuarial concepts such as loss development and
- Global level of understanding while coaching others on
competitive analysis tools, and how to extract and analyze
- Has command of profitability, risk loads and other ratemaking
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Access, and Word.
- Intermediate Leadership Skills, including ability to:
- Leverage Differences.
- Manage in participative manner.
- Develop employees.
- Manage change effectively.
- Inspire others and promote a vision.
- Understand and navigate organization.What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors degree required.
- Two years of experience in data analytics required.
- Thorough Knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word,
Powerpoint) required.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members
including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for
coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Jackson , Market Director, PI, Executive , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!