Company: Veolia Environnement SA
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological
transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group
designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful
and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its
three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop
access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish
them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants
with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly
48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste.
Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated
revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
Supervise five or more full time employees in an assigned plant or
department. Plans and coordinates activities of workers to operate
and maintain water / wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and
testing equipment in water / wastewater treatment facility to
purify water to meet permit requirements and operational
Primary Duties/ Responsibilities
- Assigns personnel to shifts and plans daily schedules to
operate filtering and chemical treatment, coagulation and settling
basins, and other plant and Dewatering Facility.. Coordinates
schedule to ensure that plant resources are being utilized to
achieve project objectives.
- Oversees the human resource functions of assigned team
including hiring and firing, performance appraisals, coaching and
counseling team. Recommends and provides input for salary and job
change actions. Works with HSE and training team to ensure that all
personnel receive safety and process training. Coaches and counsels
team to improve technical skills and interpersonal and problem
resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for
team to learn new skills and techniques.
- Prepares work orders either manually or from a CMMS system as
required and prepares work related reports, procurement
requisitions, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements in an
accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that consistent process control and quality assurance
procedures are followed in all assigned areas and shifts. Ensures
that uniform monitoring and recordkeeping are performed
- Reviews and evaluates wastewater reports, records, logs, and
graphs to confirm adequacy of present and projected water needs.
Prepares reports concerned with chemical and bacteriological
analyses of wastewater for internal purposes, client and regulatory
- Provides leadership in achieving safety goals. Proactively
manage safety and environmental issues and ensures compliance with
Federal and State standards including Hazardous Waste Disposal and
Air Quality Standards. Ensures that issues are identified,
addressed, and elevated if necessary, in a timely manner.
- Establishes maintenance schedules and ensures that machines,
equipment, tooling and other accessories are properly maintained
and in top working condition. Assists in diagnosing and evaluating
complex equipment and process failures.
- Recommends and maintains an up-to-date plan of action to be
taken in event of emergencies such as machine, equipment or power
failure. Executes the plan if necessary.
Education / Experience / Background
- Degree in a related field or equivalent related
- Five to seven years in various positions within wastewater
treatment environment with
knowledge of methods, principles and practices of operating,
maintaining and repairing
wastewater treatment plant equipment, instrumentation and
- Lead experience or supervisory training required with
understanding of human relations,
training, performance evaluation and health and safety.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must have an understanding of wastewater treatment process
engineering, water quality assurance, maintenance strategy and
- Must demonstrate effective skills in troubleshooting, problem
solving and team building.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem
resolution and to execute the
schedule requirements within a team environment.
- Must have a general knowledge of budget preparation and
understanding of cost control.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal communications and interpersonal
skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, timely, effective,
complete and easily understood written communications and
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility
required PPE (Personal Protection
- PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and
presentation software for
preparing work related reports, charts, graphs and data submittal
requirements. Ability to use computer systems for preparing work
orders and purchase requisitions.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if
required by site.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and
regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other
Company policies and procedures.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Employee Orientation. Standard Operating Procedures. Safety,
OSHA & Quality Training.
- Financial and performance management training.
- Must stay abreast of advancements in technology and
- HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response)
Level I and II certification if required by site. Forklift
certification if required by site. Highest level state
certification for wastewater treatment required by site.
- May perform more advanced functions as part of training and
- Highest level Wastewater Certification with knowledge of
current and pending wastewater treatment standards, regulations and
federal, state and local laws and codes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives
equal consideration to all applications, without
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia Environnement SA, Jackson , Operations Manager, Executive , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!