Company: Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Tier: 1Department: HousingSupervisor: Director of
HousingLocation: 8273 156th Lane Mayetta, KS 66509Pay Range: $15.98
- Offering rate will vary within the listed range above.
*Supported by the Department budget & related
- Preference in employment actions exercised in accordance with
applicable law. Applicants must provide proof of eligibility for
- Benefits for Full-Time: Weekly pay periods, Holiday pay, paid
Birthday leave, Weekly accruals for Vacation & Sick leave,
Administrative, Bereavement, and Educational Leave available,
Low-Cost & Low-Deductible Benefits Plans & Generous 401(k) matching
program. Questions before applying? 785-966-3060 or
HR@pbpnation.orgSummaryThe Office Manager performs administrative
support functions for the housing department.Essential Duties
- Receives visitors and answers telephone in a friendly,
professional manner; routes calls and refers visitors to
- Assists visitors with the completion of routine housing program
applications in the absence of professional staff.
- Provides basic program information.
- Assists director in compiling reports.
- Manages insurance functions for Tribal rental housing.
- Maintains purchase orders for department personnel for
approval. Forwards to appropriate departments.
- Accounts for weekly time and employee accrual hours for annual
and sick leave in the absence of the Director or Assistant
- Performs clerical functions. Posts and/or distributes items as
- Maintains office supplies. Reorders in a timely fashion.
- Receives resident rental payments and keeps appropriate
- Maintains residential applicant waiting lists.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Assists Finance Department as needed to ensure accuracy and
account balancing of financial records.
- Prepares weekly bank deposits.
- Directly supervises (3) employees, which includes but is not
limited to: assigning and reviewing work, instructing, training,
establishing schedule, setting objectives, recommending hiring and
- Works cooperatively within the office, Prairie Band Potawatomi
Nation, and other agencies as needed.
- All other duties as assigned. To qualify for this position,
applicants must meet all minimum requirements by the closing date
of this announcement.Minimum Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of relatable experience
- Valid Kansas driver's license, must be insurable with the
- Accurate money handling skills, experience with financial
transactions and deposits
- Must possess ability to communicate professionally; both orally
and in writing with a service-oriented approach, sometimes in
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to
prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Must possess professional work ethics, manner, and
- Must possess the ability to operate general office equipment,
including but not limited to: 10-key calculator, telephone,
computer and operating systems, computer software programs
(Microsoft Office programs), fax/copier machine
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the
demands of the position
- Must possess a proven ability to handle confidential
information with discretion
- A record of satisfactory attendance and performance in all
prior and current employment. Preferred Requirements
- Three to five years of relatable experience Physical, Mental, &
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with others,
including members of the public
- Ability to maintain high level of privacy and confidentiality
of individuals and families
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly team-team oriented
- Ability to work in a high-stress, deadline-oriented
- Attend out-of-state/out-of-town training periodically to
enhance job performance and knowledge.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and
lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various
positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting,
kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to
lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned
job tasks; and be able to frequently lift 20 pounds of weight
throughout the assigned workday. Background Clearance Requirements
- Background Investigation
- Pre-employment Drug Screening Note: This job description should
not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive
standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other
instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be
required. The Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation reserves the right to
revise this job description at any time. The job description is not
to be construed as a contract for employment. INDIAN PREFERENCE
EXERCISEDJob Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, Jackson , Office Manager, Executive , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!