Director Of Accounting
Posted on: June 24, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYThis position is responsible for managing the
financial staff, planning, directing, and coordinating activities
relating to accounting, fiscal reporting, cash management,
investments, real estate, risk management, and purchasing. This
position oversees a range of financial activities including
accounts payable, expense reports, payroll, grant disbursements,
and management of budgets.
- Must be familiar with and comply with all AIB regulations and
food safety compliance.
- Oversee accounting functions, financial and cash flow
management, banking practices, financial reporting, payroll, and
annual audit process.
- Monitor all financial transactions including bank statement
reconciliation, contracts, investment performance documents,
monthly financial statements, and petty cash reconciliation.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control systems,
policies, and procedures to ensure resources are strategically
leveraged to support MFN's mission.
- Prepare financial analysis and data for CEO and Board to track
and report financial activities, status of funds, inventory, and
- Oversee and monitor the integrity of the general ledger and
management systems to accurately report financial activity.
- Develop and monitor annual budget with the CEO; communicate
budget process with department management to control expenses.
- Oversee and monitor grant revenue process to ensure accurate
and timely receipt/deposit of payments in accordance with
- Access insurance & benefit saving plans to ensure cost
effectiveness; and adherence to IRS requirements.
- Oversee and Support IT Personnel.
- Must be audit ready at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior accounting role
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA designation required, or
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written
- Experience with non-profit accounting and Information
- A strong proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience directing/overseeing an office of Information
Technology, preferably in a non-profit organization
Keywords: Confidential, Jackson , Director Of Accounting, Executive , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!