Director of Radiation Oncology
Company: McLeod Health
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Your user session will timeout in 5 minutes. Please click OK to
continue with your application. Director of Radiation Oncology
Tracking Code 20212025 Job Description
- Leads by example and makes decisions based on the Mission,
Vision, and 4 Core Values of the organization.
- Functions as a part of the oncology leadership team towards
continued growth of the oncology service line.
- Plans and administers through personnel the effective
management and delivery of radiation therapy procedures in
accordance with all hospital, state, federal, and agency
- Develop long and short range goals and objectives working with
staff, Radiation Oncologists, and Hospital Administration.
- Develop capital expense and salary operating budget and
implement appropriate methods to monitor compliance and resolve
- Adheres to hospital policies associated with HR including but
not limited to PEP, FMLA, ADA guidelines, EAP, evaluations, etc.
When necessary, disciplines and discharges personnel.
- Oversees development of department in-service training programs
to insure all personnel maintain knowledge of current techniques,
procedures, instrument operation, etc. and controls outside travel
including focused distribution of funds.
- Oversees development and implementation of various quality
programs within radiation oncology to include participation in and
support of all quality improvement efforts within the department
and the medical center.
- Maintain cooperative working relationship with various hospital
& organization personnel and physicians in order to resolve
problems, enhance smooth delivery of services and plan for the
future of the hospital and corporation.
- Through personnel, ensure all department records are properly
- Prepares or directs preparation of periodic and special
analysis and reports required for management.
- Collaborates with the Program Director, Clinical Coordinator
and Clinical Supervisor of the Radiation Therapy Program to ensure
the programs required goals are met for clinical rotations.
- Reviews problems and incidents affecting efficient and safe
operation of department with personnel and assist with scheduling,
equipment utilization, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and development in the
field through continuing education.
- Represents the hospital in a positive manner in the
- Completes annual training as assigned. Required Skills
- Registered with the ARRT or CMD
- Bachelor of Science Degree, required
- Master's degree, preferred
- Minimum of five years' experience in Radiation Oncology,
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, team
building ability, organizational skills
- Ability to work independentlyWork Experience:
- Minimum of five years' experience in a leadership or management
positionLicenses and/or Certifications:
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- Certified by the South Carolina Radiation Quality Standards
AssociationPhysical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk
Assessment Job Location Florence, South Carolina, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular Full-Time Physical Address Cancer
Clinic Florence, 401 East Cheves Street
- Employment selection and related decisions are made without
regard to sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or
any other protected class.
Keywords: McLeod Health, Jackson , Director of Radiation Oncology, Executive , Florence, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!