Director, Material Planning
Company: International Vitamin Corporation
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Careers « IVC - Enriching Your Health - Director, Material
Planning in Greenville, South Carolina - Careers at DDR -
Greenville, SC - 4615 Dairy Dr Skip to Main Content Please Enable
Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?
Log back in! Director, Material Planning Job Functional Area OPS -
Operations Indirect Overview International Vitamin Corporation
(IVC) is a leading global manufacturer of vitamins and nutritional
supplements with more than half a century of private label and
contract manufacturing experience, an impeccable quality and
regulatory compliance record, and with new resources focused on
enriching the health and lives of others. We currently have an
opening for a--Director, Material Planning.
- This role is responsible to create an accurate materials plan
to support production and lead the partnerships for right sizing
inventory while ensuring a responsive materials strategy to support
our goal of meeting financial plans and customer service
- As a dynamic leader, the leader of our materials planning
organization, this role is instrumental in developing strategies,
improving efficiencies, and ensuring consistent methodologies to
ensure alignment in process across all customers while leading the
materials aspect of our business and S&OP processes.
- As a dynamic leader, will develop and lead a team, partner with
peers and colleagues, and lead the evolution of our materials
planning processes and raw material and packaging inventory.
- This role is responsible for all processes associated with
materials ordering and inventory management of raw materials and
packaging materials to ensure support of manufacturing at all North
American manufacturing facilities (6 locations) .
- Manage material planning and execution, ensuring operational
efficiencies across all channels of the supply chain.
- Develop/Drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to create a
transparent and competitively advantaged supply chain. Recommend
actions to address challenges.
- Engage in cross-functional project teams for upcoming packaging
changes & new product launches by developing launch strategies for
new customers and channels, ensuring on time launch for new
- Partners with Marketing, Sales and Supply Planning to generate
new product initiative forecasts and to ensure product is available
and ready to support new product launches.
- Hire, train and develop supply chain team to support aggressive
- Actively seek supply chain optimization opportunities & cost
- Partners with Demand Planning team to assure forecasts can be
translated into actionable supply chain plans that can be supported
by material availability and optimize inventory and maximize
customer service while confirming available capacity to support for
rolling 12 - 18 month period.
- Manage root cause process and lead plans to drive continuous
improvement in materials management.
- Ensure best practices related to monthly S&OP and weekly
material plans are being followed throughout the planning process
and drives continuous improvements in the S&OP process.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with peers, leaders,
and other functional teams and utilize those relationships to
enhance business performance.
- Demonstrate personal accountability to achieve customer service
and inventory objectives.
- Ensures best & standardized practices are followed across all
shared planning resources.
- Manage performance, provide coaching, feedback and development
plans to the team of Material Planners. Recruit, hire, and on-board
new talent as required. Own the annual performance review process
for the team. Qualifications
- BS/BA in business, statistics, mathematics, economics, supply
chain management or similar field required.
- 5-10 years' experience in supply chain or related field
including 3+ years managing direct reports and 3+ years of Supply/
- Deep understanding of material planning and capacity modeling
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills: Position requires
ability to apply critical thinking to dissimilar problems and
deliver fact supported analysis, and the capability to quickly
switch between strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- Communication is critical to drive change and execution while
building partnerships. Excellent oral and written skills,
organizational and time-management abilities, effective
inter-personal skills, and the ability to work with personnel at
all organizational levels
- Candidate needs to be able to promote a culture of
collaboration and teamwork across the organization and possess the
ability to work across multiple teams.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Excel) applications experience
required. Experience working with integrated ERP systems
- Knowledge of integrated supply chain processes.
- Comfortable presenting to and working directly with senior
- Experience with continual process improvement methods.
- Experience in the industry or in a CPG environment is
preferred. Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this
job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software
Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: International Vitamin Corporation, Jackson , Director, Material Planning, Executive , Greenville, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!