Director of Nursing - Charge Registered Nurse - Vascular Surgery Center RN
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: April 9, 2021
We've updated our recruiting process and workplace settings to
help ensure the health and safety of our employees, candidates, and
communities during coronavirus. Learn more > Improve Healthcare
with Your career Director of Nursing - Charge Registered Nurse -
Vascular Surgery Center RN Azura Vascular care is the national
leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a
wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally
invasive techniques. As part of our team, you'll help patients
avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated
promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient
setting. You'll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life
balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent
company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality
of life for people in our communities. Job Description Union, New
Jersey Job ID 210003RJ
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information Sign-on Bonus of $3000 Mon-Fri (Day
Shift), Sat (Half day)Excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to
stay in patient care and step into a leadership role!Bachelor's
degree preferredJACHO experience preferredBenefits:
- 401(k)/retirement savings
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Top-line Health Insurance
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Works with the Facility Manager, facility staff
and physician to coordinate the facility operations and patient
procedures to ensure provision of quality patient care on a daily
basis in accordance with FMCNA policies, procedures and training.
Provides nursing support to patients and staff. Assist with
staffing, staff training, equipment, physician and patient
relations, cost containment, supply management, medical records,
patient billing, OSHA and all company, state and federal
compliance. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting and driving FMCNA quality standards
through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FMCNA CQI
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined
by the FMCNA quality goals, by working with the Vice President of
Quality and other FMCNA management to ensure that FMCNA/ASC
policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting on adverse
events and action thresholds.
- Complies with all data collections and auditing activities and
maintains integrity of medical records and other FMCNA
administrative and operational records.
- Supervises and directs facility staff in providing safe and
effective vascular access procedures to patients in compliance with
standards outlined in the facility policy and procedures manuals,
as well as regulations set forth by the company, federal and state
- Assigns and delegates tasks to all direct patient care staff,
including Staff RNs, Radiology Technologists, Front Desk
Coordinator and Porter.
- Ensures adequate staffing through daily management of staff's
schedule, including breaks.
- Assess daily patient needs and develop/distribute patient care
- Routinely monitors patient care staff for appropriate
techniques and adherence to facility policy and procedures and
assist as necessary.
- Recommends and initiates disciplinary action in conjunction
with the Facility Manager.
- Assists Facility Manager with staff performance
- Participates in selection, orientation and training of staff as
- Performs and sets-up in-services regarding equipment, supplies
and clinical for all staff.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate
staff members, from admission through discharge.
- Ensures patients and patient's families are educated regarding
pre and post procedure care of vascular access.
- Ensures patient's procedures are scheduled in a timely manner
and the facility capacity is utilized efficiently.
- As needed, assist with patient workflow, including providing
direct patient care and monitoring pre, intra and post
- Oversees and ensures accurate and complete documentation of
patient treatments from admission to discharge.
- Confirms written orders, consents and lab work are completed
and documented in accordance with facility policies. This includes
appropriate preparation of lab requisitions, delivery to
appropriate labs, reporting and forwarding of lab results to
- Assumes primary responsibility in an emergency situation and
must maintain competency with all emergency operational procedures,
and initiate CPR and emergency measures as needed.
- Administers medications and IV conscious sedation to patients
as directed per physician's orders, and in compliance with company,
federal, state and local regulations.
- Attends and participates in Governing Body and CQI meetings
with physicians, assisting with meeting agenda and gathering of
data/material for meetings and reporting on assigned topics.
- Ensures appropriate operation of facility equipment and
technology, including but not limited, patient monitors,
defibrillators, medical recording devices and computers.
- Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the entire
vascular access facility at all times through regular inspection of
facility equipment and operation systems, reporting any
malfunctions or maintenance issues.
- Ensures all blood spills are immediately addressed according to
the FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
- Participates in cost control initiatives. Responsible for
efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory,
supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all
guidelines established in the FMCNA formularies.
- Assists in the development and revision of any applicable
policies and procedures for the facility as directed to ensure
continuous process improvement.
- Initiates, documents and completes ongoing Continuous Quality
Improvement (CQI) activities including monthly reports and attend
meetings as required.
- Manages medications, including ordering, receiving, and
inventory control and checking for expired medications, including
appropriate recording of controlled substances as required by
- Oversees maintenance of usage logs for all medications with
appropriate documentation, as well as, records of drug
- Communicates with the pharmacist to assure medication accuracy,
including appropriate recording of controlled substances as
required by law.
- Ensures medical records are accurate, complete and in
compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures prior to discharge of
the patient. Performs chart audits on a regular basis.
- Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation
surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies
- Verifies records for all implanted devices are completed
accurately, timely and maintained according to records management
- Acts as the Facility Manager in the absence of the manager or
at the direction of FMCNA management.
- Complies with HIPPA policies and standards regarding patient
information and medical records.
- Maintain CLIA license with Facility Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned, within the scope of practice and
state regulations. Additional responsibilities may include focus on
one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for
department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit
and Corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Facility direct patient care staff (Staff RNs, LPNs, Radiology
Technologist, Front Desk Coordinator, Porter) EDUCATION :
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensure and ACLS
- ASC certification preferred EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of three years' experience in an Ambulatory Surgical
Center/Vascular Access Lab, or a combination of ASC, surgical,
Interventional Radiology and ICU/CCU experience.
- Minimum of three years of Interventional Radiology, scrub
- Supervisory or management experience within a medical or
vascular access environment preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite is necessary.
Experience with Medical database software.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership
and supervision of facility personnel and to ensure the delivery of
maximum quality care to all patients.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written.
- Certified in CPR or successfully complete course in CPR
certification. EO/AA Employer:
Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
View More What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the
top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Motivational 8
- Helpful 7 "My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their
mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me.
My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and
never had access to the kind of care we offer - eventually he lost
blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even
more committed to our mission.". Take a Closer Look HEALTHCARE
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability CONTINUING EDUCATION Tuition
Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full-time;
$350/year for part-time) PAID TIME OFF Flexibility in using PTO for
vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for
cash for up to 80 hours per year. COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENT
- Employee Pride
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust ADDITIONAL PERKS
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program Competitive vesting schedules and a
company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first
6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
Let's stay connected! Joining our talent network allows us to send
you company news, career event announcements and new job
opportunities. As a company with over 70,000+ dedicated employees,
Fresenius Medical Care North America is quite aware of the many
scams that job seekers may face. If you receive any type of
communication on behalf of Fresenius Medical Care North America
that seems inappropriate or suspicious, we urge you to report this
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Jackson , Director of Nursing - Charge Registered Nurse - Vascular Surgery Center RN, Executive , Union, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!