Senior Project Manager
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with
opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an
exciting contract--opportunity with one of our leading
clients!--Title: Senior Project ManagerLocation:--Cleveland,
MSDuration: 12 months+ (possibility to extend)--Position
- Key technical and leadership role that is responsible for the
business and technical leadership for one or more projects within
in the Injection Molding and Device Operations, as well as other
existing and future manufacturing operations at the Cleveland, MS
- Primary focus will also be on leading project teams through the
identification, justification, prioritization, initiation,
development and implementation, construction, commissioning/startup
and qualification/validation processes for continuous improvement,
new business, and capacity expansion projects.
- Cross-functional project management will be involved in this
role as well.--Cleveland, MS Facility Overview
- Cleveland's technology and automation are cutting edge. It is
the U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV bottles,
and various reconstitution devices. This facility produces several
major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing
technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection
molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly.
- Our Cleveland plant has been an integral part of the company
for over 60 years. The work is challenging and rewarding. It
encourages and values every employee and believes that all can
contribute to advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud
- Lead the activities of a cross-functional core team; be
responsible for the team's ability to deliver the project.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and
deliverables; define project tasks and resource requirements;
develops full-scale project plans.
- Manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- With input from the core team, define the milestones to achieve
the launch date commitments and identify issues and risks
associated with those plans.
- Manage the project costs (all financial aspects) of product
development. This will include capital expenditures and cross
functional expenses for the project.
- Ensure proper communications occur with stakeholders and
partners, including the reporting of project progress, risks, and
- Participate in organizational issue resolution.
- Identify and resolve complex problems using critical
- Plan and schedule project timelines; tracks project
deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Implement and manage project changes and initiate interventions
to achieve project outputs; provide project evaluations and
assessment of results.
- Lead the planning and implementation of capital projects, as
- Analyze complex data with the understanding of trade-offs
between different business objectives; present recommendations and
- Identify, measure, and analyze potential opportunities for
improvement; make recommendations to Management.
- Partner with global/corporate project managers and functional
area leads to ensure process harmonization and effective
- Manage funding approval, budgeting, spend tracking, and
reporting to meet finance goals.
- Manage process of procuring new manufacturing equipment to
include - quotation, specification, purchase contract.
- Manage Start-up, debug, and commission new manufacturing
- Responsible for adhering to FDA Design Control standards
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining all department
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), forms, logbooks.
- Project work will include upgrading or installing new automated
systems for product assembly & inspection.--
- Manage day-to-day Project Management activities for assigned
projects to ensure efficient transition between from idea
generation through final production at the Cleveland facility which
include, but are not limited to:
- Take leadership role in driving a cross-functional team
(Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Control, Validation,
- Identify and engage necessary resources/stakeholders to gain
- Drive Change - Identify barriers, recommend and implement
- Drive Results - Lead project team, develop project plans, and
execute to established timelines.
- Drive Communication - Present project status updates to senior
management & stakeholders.--Required Qualifications
- B.S. degree in engineering or other appropriate technical
- Minimum 10 years Engineering / Manufacturing experience,
including design, construction, commissioning/startup,
qualification/validation. FDA manufacturing required.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience in product
life cycle management, with demonstrated success leading multi-site
projects in the medical products industry preferred.
- Experience with capital management/spend tracking.
- Experience with project schedule
- Knowledge and working application of FDA; cGMP; ISO
- Competent application of Vital Behaviors and Leadership
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory
or Clinical Practices and Product Development Process
- Knowledge and working application of standard operating
- Proficient in MS Office tools, including Visio, Project, Excel,
Power Point and Word.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of employees and
functions such as engineering, quality, validation, manufacturing,
purchasing, maintenance, etc.
- Must be able to meet all cleanroom Personnel Protective
Equipment (PPE) for areas of manufacturing where work needs to be
- Demonstrates good leadership skills, including the ability to
influence and motivate team members
- Good presentation skills and influencing skills
- Able to successfully negotiation within a cross-functional
- Can work collaboratively with internal and external
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Demonstrates strong business acumen
- Ability to mentor / coach and develop others--Preferred
- PMI or IPMA or equivalent certification desired
- Plastics experience such as: plastic bottle blow molding,
plastic component injection molding, liquid silicone molding, or
film/tubing extrusion is a plus.
- Lean Manufacturing skills and experience are a plus.
- Experience with medical device automated assembly--Additional
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime work,
including nights and weekends, as needed to support manufacturing
- Two interview process: Panel interview with Hiring Manager &
1-2 others. Final interview with site Plant Manager--Important
information:--This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly
office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally
permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Taryn
Carbone () for immediate consideration.--Why Kelly--?Your
engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right
fit? Easy. With Kelly Engineering, our experts connect you with
leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on
innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top
technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of
short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term,
we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering
job.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next
and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Jackson , Senior Project Manager, Executive , Cleveland, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!