Manager, Materials Process
Company: Triumph Group
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and
overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components,
accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We
partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators
of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide,
to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems.
So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph
is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs
of each customer. Triumph participates at all levels of the
aerospace supply chain - from single components, to complex
systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide
solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft - from
raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to
integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our
competitive advantage. Responsibilities Job Summary: Responsible
for the research, development, and testing of aerospace interior
composite systems and components.
- Develops new/innovative process and technology in order to gain
and maintain an industry leadership position.
- Works with sales and marketing, customers and suppliers to
commercialize new design and process formulations.
- Stays current with emerging technology and competition.
- Effectively manage the demands of several concurrent projects,
including the ability to prioritize tasks to achieve successful
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively
communicate at all levels of the organization
- Possess ability to work through issues and bring projects to
completion; perform complex research, analysis, and
troubleshooting; and resolve critical problems over sustained time
durations in a logical manner.
- Performs research, design, and development of manufacturing
processes including production flow, assembly methods, and use of
- Designs, develops, and tests and/or sources and cost justifies
various tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended
- Develops and maintains records and notes on design, test,
process and resulting intellectual property with the intent of
- Assist management and the TGI legal team in the application and
retention of patents relative to work performed.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance and technical data and
components (FAA, OEM REACH, Export Control)
- Leads small team of engineering employees across US and
- Mentoring and development of lower-level engineers
- B.S. in Engineering, or related discipline required. Advanced
Degrees (MS/PHD) or Certifications preferred
- CATIA V4 and V5 experience or training preferred.
- Travel will be required (International as well as
- Development and execution of engineering test plans and
- Development of technical documents and specifications
- Extensive experience with manufacturing and processing of
Aerospace polymers and fiber reinforced composites
- Experience with lamination of films and scrims as well as
development of adhesives systems highly desirable.
- Development of insulation burn through and sound attenuation
- Development and qualification of new Aerospace products and
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for aircraft
- Approves engineering work completed by lower-level
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Research and Development and
new product introduction
- Establish new product failure reporting during the initial
stages of the product life cycle
- Accountable for preparing and presenting plans for any projects
and coordinating deployment including training of team
- Understanding of patent types and their applicability including
the provisional patent process. -- Preferred Experience
- Aircraft ECS and air handling systems
- Aircraft acoustics and vibration mitigation All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or disability. Please contact us if you require
assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide
reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If
you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law,
please click here .--
Keywords: Triumph Group, Jackson , Manager, Materials Process, Executive , Taylorsville, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!