Director of Business Development - Environmental
Company: ALEUT FEDERAL LLC
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Director of Business Development - Environmental The Director of
Business Development is responsible for all activities related to
conceptualizing and implementing capture strategies for identified
pursuits. This includes developing the overall win strategy,
teaming, identification of key personnel, determining the pricing
strategy, and working with the proposal team to develop and deliver
a compelling bid. In addition, the Business Development Director
may also work with targeted customers to identify new opportunities
either through competition or through directed awards. The Business
Development Director is responsible for developing and maintaining
a pipeline of opportunities in coordination with the Chief Growth
Officer and the Business Line VP. The location for this role can be
within the Tri-Cities area.
Essential Job Functions :
- Serves as Director of Business Development for our
Environmental line of business to develop and implement business
development initiatives in support of corporate goals, specifically
targeting environmental opportunities.
- Stay abreast of small business regulations, specifically those
related to the SBA 8(a) program.
- In coordination with the CGO and Business Line VP, develop and
maintain an active pipeline of environmental opportunities that are
aligned to the organization's strategic guidance and
- Drive a proven business development process from customer
identification, opportunity qualification, through capture
management and proposal management.
- Serves as capture manager and/or proposal manager for
identified pursuits. Provides support in the area of marketing and
- Prepares and provides Gate reviews for identified
- Provides input and support to the Company's leadership in the
development of joint ventures, partnerships and teaming
- Participate fully in professional societies and activities
related to the construction industry.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities in
coordination with the Chief Growth Officer and the Business Line
VP. Qualifications :
- At least 15 years of experience in business development for
environmental management opportunities in the federal contracting
- Expert knowledge with government acquisition processes to
include contract procedures, Requests for Proposals (RFPs),
Requests for Information (RFI), etc.
- Proven capability to strategically grow and maintain customer
and teaming partner relationships
- Preferred experience with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,
Department of Energy, National Aeronautics and Space
Administration, Naval Facilities Engineering Command and other
- Briefing experience mandatory
- SBA contracting, FAR experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional Suite of
Software and Microsoft Project Knowledge, Skills, Abilities :
- Leadership capacity to provide advice and guidance in a timely
fashion to operationalize strategic plans, manage complex bids, and
coach staff simultaneously.
- Leadership capabilities to facilitate inter/intra company
teamwork to achieve business goals while promoting a culture of
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Creativity, resourcefulness and the use of original ideas.
- Demonstrated understanding of using research databases and
other online tools to build and maintain pipelines.
- Ability to interpret trends, define problems, conceptualize
solutions and convert to practical application.
- Ability to work as a self-starter, take initiative, and execute
tasks with minimal supervision. Ability to travel (up to 40%) to
meet with clients and teaming partners, support proposal efforts,
and attend conferences. Aleut Federal, LLC provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AF complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. AF expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment
based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status. ALEUT FEDERAL LLC is an EEO employer
- M/F/Vets/Disabled Upload Your Resume Accepted formats: .pdf,
.doc, .docx Upload Cover Letter Accepted formats: .pdf, .doc,
Keywords: ALEUT FEDERAL LLC, Jackson , Director of Business Development - Environmental, Executive , Richland, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!