Director of Community Access
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director of Community Access Job Description Able South Carolina
(Able SC) is South Carolina's premier organization promoting
disability rights, independence, and equity for individuals with
disabilities. Serving throughout the state, Able SC promotes
individual leadership, creative teamwork, and cultivates a shared
pride in the future of an inclusive state. Able SC offers a
competitive salary with benefits including health, dental, vision,
life, Employee Assistance Program, and contribution to a retirement
plan. Paid leave includes vacation, sick leave, and 18 holidays
annually. Purpose of the Position The Director of Community Access
will lead planning, cultivation, and development for Able SC's fee
for service programs to increase access to the community. The
Director of Community Access must be creative and thrive in a
fast-paced team environment driven by and focused on results. This
position is in the direct delegation of the Executive Director.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead architectural accessibility assessments, website testing,
ADA consultation, and transportation programs.
- Provide quality reports and recommendations to clients to
assist them with being an inclusive entity.
- Assist clients in implementing a plan to resolve access
- Lead and recruit web testers to conduct website accessibility
- Coordinate activities for Access South Carolina Information
- Develop and oversee fee for service budgets.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with
municipalities, state agencies, businesses, nonprofit
organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Assist with developing marketing strategies to promote
community access services and secure clients.
- Develop fee proposals and respond to request for proposals in a
- Provide trainings to assist entities with complying with the
Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Provide technical information and advice to staff, peers, and
- Recommend resolutions to grievances. Maintain correspondence
and documentation of the compliance procedures.
- Oversee plans for the organization so that accessibility to
events are barrier free.
- Arrange special requests for accommodations, alternate formats,
etc. with appropriate staff members.
- Coordinate all Able SC transportation programs to increase
transportation options/access for people with disabilities.
- Participate in outreach activities, committees, workshops or
seminars in areas of independent living, Americans with
Disabilities Act and other disability related laws, assistive
technology programs, mediation, advocacy, etc.
- Identify community needs to develop and improve
- Constantly update job knowledge and learn about new technology
and barrier removals.
- Document program activities via reporting and data entry. Carry
out additional assignments as delegated by supervisors in a timely
manner. Supervisory Responsibilities: Position directly supervises
staff and oversees projects that may include staff outside of
direct supervision. Must have management experience.
- Bachelor degree in related field. A Master's degree is
- Knowledge of all Titles within the Americans with Disabilities
- Knowledge of building codes and website accessibility.
- At least two years of documented experience working with
persons with disabilities or personal experience with a disability
- Knowledge of disability rights and Independent Living
- Experience with working in teams to accomplish goals.
- Experience in the delivery of presentations and training to
- Experience in program evaluation required.
- Working knowledge of community resources available to people
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Computer Literacy and Database Experience.
- Knowledge of assistive technology and related resources.
- Preferred: Licensure with the South Carolina Building Codes
Council as G2 or G3.
- Business acumen skills
- Ability to build partnerships
- Strategic thinker
- Multi-level thinker
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Disability Rights Laws/History
- Change agent
- Technical knowledge of ADA code and website accessibility
- Critical thinking and problem solving for effective decision
making LOCATION: Columbia SALARY RANGE: Commensurate based on
experience with appropriate merit and annual bonus included. HOURS:
40 hours per week **People with disabilities are encouraged to
apply** To apply: Send cover letter and resume electronically to
Sara Marin at email@example.com . No phone calls, please. Voters
with disabilities want their voices heard and that's not always
easy. One Horry County voter with a disability said there's a lot
riding on this upcoming election for those in her community. Many
people with disabilities are working for less than the minimum wage
across South Carolina. Advocates across the state are working to
change that. Contact your lawmakers here and tell them to support
people with disabilities in South Carolina. Able SC is a Center for
Independent Living (CIL), an organization not about "helping"
people with disabilities, but built on the central concept of
self-empowerment. Columbia Office 720 Gracern Rd. Suite 106
Columbia, SC 29210
TTY: 803.779.0949 135 Edinburgh Ct. Suite 101
Greenville, SC 29607
TTY: 864.235.8798 Join our newsletter to stay up to date on
features and releases
Keywords: ABLESC, Jackson , Director of Community Access, Executive , Greenville, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!