VP, HR, EDH, EHH, & ELTAC
Company: Emory Healthcare
Posted on: February 25, 2021
This Web site is provided as a courtesy to those interested in
Emory Healthcare and does not constitute medical advice and does
not create any physician/patient relationship. Also, Emory
Healthcare does not endorse or recommend any specific commercial
product or service. This Web site is provided solely for personal
and private use of individuals accessing this information, and no
part of it may be used for any other purpose. Emory Careers - VP,
HR, EDH, EHH, & ELTAC in Decatur, Georgia - Careers at Emory
Decatur Hospital Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to
Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all
the personalized features of this site, including the ability to
apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log
back in! VP, HR, EDH, EHH, & ELTAC Division Emory Healthcare Inc.
Campus Location Decatur, GA, 30033 Campus Location US-GA-Decatur
Department EHI Human Resources Job Type Regular Full-Time Job
Number 62964 Job Category Executive Leadership Schedule 8a-5p
Standard Hours 40 Hours Overview At Emory Healthcare, we integrate
science and caring to change the face of health care. Our team
members are courageous individuals who are willing to challenge the
status quo and help find solutions to complex problems. We're
empowered to influence change for, and with, our patients, their
families, the community and each other.As one of the leading
academic medical systems, we're eager to share what we learn with
hospitals around the country, and the world. We've got the backing,
knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing
new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and
our patients get treatments years before anyone else.We're defining
a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready to join us?
Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
- The VP, Human Resources, position is the senior human resources
(HR) leader for the operating unit and is responsible for leading
and implementing all HR strategies.
- As the operating unit HR business partner, the position leads
and deploys human resources initiatives and processes, including
performance management, succession planning, employee relations,
employee engagement, leader development and change management.
- Collaborates with and contributes to EHC HR people strategies
which support and drive excellence, create fair and equitable
practices, and impelling Emory Healthcare to be a great place to
- Shares best practices with colleagues and utilizes metrics to
measure, monitor and improve outcomes and performance.
- Ensures all HR programs are aligned with the local operating
unit goals and EHC system strategy.
- The Vice President supports the highly matrixed environment of
Emory Healthcare by supporting the individual hospital and
physician group practice leadership and carries out the mission,
vision, values and quality commitment of the organization.
- Works closely with system Chief Human Resources Officer and
operating unit CEO to achieve EHC system goals and ensure optimal
operating unit performance.
- As operating unit senior HR partner, would be responsible for
creatively driving inclusivity and high engagement at the local
- Strategic Partnering: Partners with operating unit leaders and
serves as senior human resources leader on operating unit executive
- Champions employee engagement, development, work culture and
leadership accountability within the operating unit through
effective listening, understanding gaps in desired culture and
collaborating with physicians, leaders and staff.
- Acts as an advisor to the supported leaders on all matters
related to human resources strategy, consulting on development,
performance management, succession planning, and engagement, change
management and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Collaborates with operating unit leaders to assess key metrics,
such as turnover, patient satisfaction, and engagement; checks
progress on key initiatives and proactively addresses potential
employee relations issues.
- Works with entity leaders to develop standard processes and
facilitate accountability for operating unit metrics.
- Partners with EHC system HR leaders and collaborates to achieve
the best HR system strategy that supports the operating unit
- Partners with clinical leaders to establish Magnet cultures
across EHC system.
- Builds relationships with senior leaders to establish
credibility as a trusted advisor to influence and support key
strategic and operational decisions.
- In collaboration with Strategic Planning and Finance provides
operating unit human resource leadership in strategic planning,
goal setting, and budgeting processes.
- Serves as liaison for operating unit leaders with corporate
human resource functions (Compensation, Talent Acquisition,
- Responsible for directing operations, interpreting, and
administering system policies and procedures at the local
- Responsible for HR-related regulatory compliance.
- Facilitates organizational change management and helps leaders
to align communication, behavior, and infrastructure to support the
- Demonstrates expertise in state-of-the-art human capital
management theory and practice; maintains awareness of industry
best practices and utilizes knowledge to continually improve
- Leadership/ Organizational Design: Models professional
behavior; provides leadership for the behavioral Pledge; and
working with the executive team, leads prompt investigation and
management of operating unit staff and leader behavioral issues.
Incorporates fair and just culture principles into decision-making.
- Transformation efforts for the operating unit in alignment with
system Care Transformation goals.
- Builds strategic alliances and partnerships with staff members
- Assist with assessment of the operating unit leadership team
and maximizing the leadership talent for that operating unit.
- Ensures legal, regulatory, and compliance policies for HR
activities and implements in a manner to position the organization
to minimize exposure and maximize compliance.
- Responsible for the management and administration of operating
unit human resource functions.
- Responsible for leading and assessing the operating unit
employee and labor relations programs.
- Partners with system HR in developing and implementing programs
to promote positive employee relations.
- Partners on the implementation of compensation and benefit
programs for the operating unit.
- Partners on the administration of the employee engagement
survey and ensures compliance with action planning and change
management for the operating unit.
- Advises and implements strategies to ensure high level of
employee engagement at the operating unit and leads efforts to
improve retention and engagement.
- Collaborates with operational leaders to identify opportunities
to improve organizational performance, drives tactics and
initiatives, and facilitates implementation within respective work
- Consults closely with Talent Acquisition to ensure recruitment
efforts are aligned with operating unit business needs and
- Monitors staffing, and collaborates with operational leaders on
initiatives to ensure workforce optimization across the operating
- May be assigned a system level responsibility for the
implementation of EHC System HR strategies.
- Reports directly to the System Chief Human Resources Officer,
with dual reporting to the operating unit CEO.MINIMUM
- Masters degree in Human Resources or related degree
- Five years of progressive Human Resources management or related
senior management position, in a multi hospital system environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, facilitator,
teacher, coach, strategic partner, process orientation, knowledge
of basic financial acumen and HRIS.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Light): 11-20 lbs , 0-33% of the workday
(occasionally); 01-10 lbs 34-66% of the workday (frequently)
Negligible 67-100% of the workday (constantly), Lifting 20 lbs max,
Carrying of objects up to 10 lbs, Occasional to frequent standing &
walking; Occasional to frequent sitting; close eye work (computers,
typing, reading, writing); Physical demands may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work environmental exposures
include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure.
Bio-hazardous waste; Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors, Communicable
diseases, Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures,
Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling
injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of
personal protective equipment, including respirators, Environmental
conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks,
respirators, Environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks. Options Apply Now Apply Share
Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not
working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try
again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Connect With Us! Not
ready to apply?Connect with us for general consideration!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Emory Healthcare, Jackson , VP, HR, EDH, EHH, & ELTAC, Executive , Decatur, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!