Director of Nursing
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Careers at Diamond Healthcare Corporation - Director of Nursing
in Clinton, Maryland - Careers at Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- Medstar Skip Branding
- Nurse Practitioners
- Search Jobs Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of
Diamond Healthcare Corporation to provide equal employment
opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, handicap (disability), marital status, pregnancy,
pregnancy-related conditions, active military or veteran status,
genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable
law. All employment is decided--on the basis of qualifications,
merit, and business needs.-- Diamond Healthcare Corporation--is a
- Search Jobs
Diamond Healthcare Corporation, a subsidiary of Markel Ventures
Inc. All Right Reserved. Careers at Diamond Healthcare Corporation
- Director of Nursing in Clinton, Maryland - Careers at Southern
Maryland Hospital Center - Medstar Skip to Main Content Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Director of Nursing Job ID 2021-3542 # of
Openings 1 Position Category Nurse Leadership Overview Come work
with a great team! Diamond Healthcare manages the behavioral health
services for Medstar Southern Maryland--Hospital Center (MSMHC) and
has the following opening: The Director of Nursing--is an active
member of the Division of Nursing leadership/management team and is
responsible for one or more defined areas of organized nursing
services (clinical and administrative). This person is responsible
for having a current knowledge of healthcare and clinical expertise
within the department and contributes to the Division of Nursing
strategic plan and goals and is accountable for the implementation
and attainment of these goals within Psychiatry. Reports to the
Executive--Director of Inpatient Psychiatry. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Responsible for creating and supporting patient first culture
that fosters a high level of patient satisfaction as demonstrated
by outcomes data.
- Creates a professional atmosphere and an environment of
coaching and development that supports shared governance/shared
decision making and a high level of employee satisfaction as
evidenced by outcomes data.
- Collaborates with physicians and staff to champion patient care
and quality services.
- Assists with patient care by establishing and/or monitoring the
techniques, policies and procedures used by those who deliver
- Collaborates with university affiliates to promote nursing and
patient care services at MSMHC as a model for patient care,
education and research.
- Utilizing the Performance Improvement framework develops and
implements strategies to ensure that clinical and administrative
outcomes are achieved and sustained.
- Participates in workforce planning and employment decisions:
- Selects top talent, matching organizational needs with
- Manages performance through rewards, recognition, coaching and
- Provides mentorship and career counseling to aspiring
clinicians and leaders so that they may develop required skills
- Responsible and accountable for annual budget. Synthesizes
activities such as assimilation of raw data, compilation of
statistics and control of fiscal and production activities for the
process of budgetary analysis and development.
- Establishes and allocates staff resources in accordance with
regulatory guidelines utilizing patient acuity and budgetary
indicators as primary benchmarks.
- Understands, articulates and ensures compliance with regulatory
- Accepts accountability for services through which direct
nursing care is given, including, day-to-day unit operations, staff
competencies and standards of care, achievement of clinical and
administrative policies, mandates and projects.
- Promotes a public image of excellence at MSMHC through
marketing and promotion of nursing through professional
communication, presentations and publication and membership on a
local/regional or national committee.
- Supports, designs and monitors the development and
implementation of hospital-wide patient and employee safety
- Other duties as assigned. COMPETENCIES:
- Negotiates effectively, persuades and articulates--issues and
ideas to others within the hospital.
- Resolves very complex problems, such as developing innovative
solutions based on extensive cross-functional knowledge of the
entire MSMHC organization.
- Manages several--large and complex work groups and is regularly
involved in developing and executing MSMHC goals, strategies and
- Requires considerable judgment regarding the interpretation of
policies, development of procedures and selection of appropriate
courses of action, because assignments are generally received in
the form of broad goals for the department.
Requirements/Qualifications Candidates must have a Master's degree
in Nursing, Health Care or Business Administration and at least ten
years experience of progressively more responsible job related
experience; at least five years of which are in an upper level
managerial/administrative nursing position. Must have a current
State of Maryland--RN license or be eligible for endorsement.
Certification in area of psychiatric nursing and/or certification
in nursing administration by a nationally recognized nursing
organization is desirable. EOE Options Quick Apply Here Apply Share
Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not
working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try
again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Connect With Us! Not
ready to apply yet? Connect with us for general consideration.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Jackson , Director of Nursing, Executive , Clinton, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!