Company: Waste Pro, USA
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Waste Pro of MS is Hiring!
Everyday thousands of Waste Pro trucks serve millions of customers.
It takes professional, experienced, hardworking and dedicated
people, working together, to accomplish this task. Work with the
brightest people in the industry on some of the finest trucks built
including Mack, Freightliner, Peterbilt, McNeilus, and Heil to name
a few. Never get bored while you work on diesel trucks and our
alternative fuel source fleets to include CNG, LPG and Hybrid. If
you are energetic, team oriented and love a challenge apply with
Waste Pro and be the Distinguishable Difference!
Waste Pro offers a comprehensive pay range based on proven skills &
capability. As a Waste Pro employee you are eligible for year end
and referral bonuses!
We believe people make the difference and are committed to helping
our best become even better. Waste Pro supports your pursuit of ASE
Certification through fee reimbursement, increase(s) in
compensation, and a Master Technician Achievement Bonus! To assist
in your career development, Waste Pro Technicians are eligible to
receive a monthly tool allowance of up to $50.00 per month !
Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision and Life
Insurance; a 401k Plan, Disability Insurance; Vacation, Holiday and
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Knowledge and ability to diagnose and repair engine, transmission,
brake, suspension, electrical, hydraulic, body components and
systems related to heavy duty and light duty trucks. This may
include gasoline, diesel and CNG systems. May include welding and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Diagnoses mechanical problems and performs repairs and
maintenance on all equipment to maximize safe and productive
operations. Reviews and completes repairs identified on DVIR
(Driver Vehicle Inspection Report) and/or repair orders.
2. Communicates with managers/drivers as to issues with vehicles
and discusses preventive techniques that minimize future
3. Completes all required paperwork in a timely and concise
4. Follows all safety policies and procedures
5. Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
6. Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
7. Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
8. Conducts repairs utilizing Factory Service Manuals.
9. Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
10. Maintain high standard of Ethics and Dependability.
* Knowledge of Suspension Inspections, Diagnosis and Repair
* Knowledge of Brake System Inspections, Diagnosis and Repair
* Knowledge of Electrical System Inspection, Diagnosis and
* Knowledge of Hydraulic System Inspection, Diagnosis and
* Proficient in the use of Diagnostic tools with the ability to
interpret and make repairs from Service Manuals
* Ability to complete work within Suggested Repair Times (SRTs) and
the ability to estimate time and material required for repairs
* Knowledge to provide assistance and guidance to Assistant
Technicians and Shop Helpers.
* CDL Class B (preferred within 12 months)
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate
in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping
up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by
* Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial
motor vehicle between 50 and 100 times a day
* Physically able to lift 50 to 75 pounds from the floor to waist
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds form the floor to overhead
* Physically able to push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) bend at the knees
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) reach over your
head or reach out with extended arms to perform work
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) twist at the waist
to perform work
* Physically able to work in extreme temperatures and weather
environments (road calls).
* Normal setting for this job is: Inside and Outside with
occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Waste Pro, USA, Jackson , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!