Posted on: March 14, 2023
Overview:Now Hiring Bus Technicians! Transdev is actively
seeking skilled bus mechanics for our location is Jackson, MS. We
are looking for qualified and experienced fleet technicians to
safely inspect, diagnose and repair transit vehicles and equipment
to ensure the highest quality transit delivery service to our
customers. Join Transdev and become a part of the largest
private-sector operator of transportation in North America - one
that cares about its employees, passengers, and the communities we
serve.Reports to the Director of Maintenance. Ideal candidate is a
technically skilled employee capable of performing all service,
troubleshooting, diagnostic tests, preventative maintenance
inspection, and most technical repair to all transit vehicles and
equipment with little or no supervision.Why work with us?
- Competitive pay starting at $25.75-27.81 hourly.
- Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Benefits
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off: Holidays, Vacation & Sick
- Great coworkers!To view Transdevs purpose and how we make a
difference, follow this link: https://youtu.be/ilO5cv0G4mQ
Responsibilities:What will you do?
- Ensures buses operate in a safe, comfortable, like-new
condition by performing high quality maintenance repairs and
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and repair on all
business related vehicles, to include heavy and light duty
- Diagnoses and repairs mechanical, electrical, HVAC, pneumatic,
and hydraulic systems.
- Rebuilds engines, transmissions and other components.
- Performs road calls, on-the-road repairs, and road tests as
- Keeps assigned work area clean and organized.
- Maintains DOT card and Class B driver license.
- Other related duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications:What will you need?
- Graduation from a diesel trade school preferred, a high school
diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prefer ASE certifications in some desired skills but may
consider other certifications.
- A valid Class B CDL with Passenger endorsement (or ability to
obtain one) and excellent motor vehicle record required
- Ability to pass DOT physical and maintain valid DOT medical
- Two to four years recent bus or heavy-duty truck repair
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems, and various heavy equipment
engines, transmissions, starting and charging systems, air brake
systems, electrical systems, and component overhaul procedures
- Ability to operate hoists, machine tools and other related
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to comprehend parts books and maintenance manuals,
and accurately complete any necessary reports or other
- Must possess basic computer knowledge. Pre-Employment
- Must submit to drug testing, physical examination, and a
criminal background checkPhysical Requirements:The physical demands
and work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Due to
the possibility of equipment changes (such as through purchases,
replacements, etc.), the physical demands listed may require
modification from time-to-time without notice. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions:Physical Demands: While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to
stand and walk for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers
to handle small parts, push buttons, reach with hands and arms; use
legs and feet to climb ladders and stairs. Must lift 55 pounds from
floor to bus; lift/carry 15 lbs up to 100; push/pull 50 lbs up to
8; torque 100 lbs. wheel lug; be able to squat; and move the
steering wheel and operate pedals freely while seated in bus
seat.Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time,
which can be very hot in the summer months and cold during the
winter months. The noise level in the work environment can be
moderate to loud. Vibrations and fumes or airborne particles may
also be present.How we are keeping our employees and customers
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areasIf you have any
questions, please contact Human Resources at
michael.kendricks@Transdev.comFor more information please visit our
website at www.transdevna.com/careersAbout us:Transdev is the
largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger
transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit and
shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for
cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe,
sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission is to
improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and
contribute to a more sustainable environment.The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified.The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.Transdev is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without
regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation,
religion or other legally protected status, or any other
classification protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is
the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfmDrug free
workplaceIf based in the United States, applicants must be eligible
to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be
able to pass a drug screen and background check
Keywords: Transdevna, Jackson , Fleet Technician, Engineering , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...