Sr Project Controls Engineer, WTCC
Company: Bechtel Oil, Gas & Chemicals Incorporated
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Requisition Posting End Date:-- 04/08/2021 Project Oveview:
Bechtel is designing, constructing and commissioning the world's
largest radioactive waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department
of Energy at the Hanford Site in southeastern Washington state. The
Hanford Tank Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant will use
vitrification technology to process and solidify 56 million gallons
(210 million liters) of radioactive and chemical waste stored at
the Hanford site, which is a byproduct of plutonium production
during World War II and the Cold War era.--The project is the
largest undertaking of its kind and one of DOE's most technically
challenging cleanup projects. Its construction spans 65 acres (26
hectares) with four major nuclear facilities - Pretreatment,
Low-Activity Waste Vitrification, High-Level Waste Vitrification
and Analytical Laboratory - as well as operations and maintenance
buildings, utilities, other support facilities.--This position is
located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) and
works a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Selected
applicant needs to be able and willing wo work weekends as
needed.--The Waste Treatment Completion Company (WTCC) is a limited
liability corporation created by Bechtel National Inc. (BNI) and
AECOM. WTCC is a subcontractor to BNI, the prime contractor, to
deliver the construction, turnover, startup, and commissioning
activities for the WTP project.--
- Obtains required schedule information by all
disciplines/functions. Identifies restraints and effect on total
- Coordinates with all departments to ensure understanding of
total project schedule needs.
- Responsible for total integration of schedule--activities.
Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from
inter-discipline or functional restraints and interfaces.
- Monitors and reports critical path and schedule performance of
the total project.
- Conducts project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas
to determine criticality of schedule activities.
- Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project
team for discussion and/or decision.
- Responsible for leading, when requested, the development and
review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of
additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Monitors cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices
for compliance with applicable standards.
- Responsible for the development and accuracy of cost reports.
Verifies consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility
- Responsible for cost engineering and cost analysis/control
activities for projects with significant non-routine requirements
or for discipline/projects/proposal cost activities which require a
high degree of technical skilled experience.--
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing
innovative solutions to cost engineering guidance to area &
functions. Basic Qualifications:
- Level 1--- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and
at least 6 years of professional experience, or in lieu of a
degree,--high school diploma or equivalent and at least 12 years of
- Level 2--- Bachelor's degree--from an accredited university and
at least 9 years of professional experience, or in lieu of a
degree,--high school diploma or equivalent and 15 years of
- Must possess the legal right to work and remain in the United
States without sponsorship.
- Must be able to complete pre-employment background screen and
drug screen. Desired Qualifications:--
- Proficient in Primavera P/6 and COBRA applications.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost
engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control,
and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic
software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in using multiple discipline specific applications
(PC Works, Cobra, Primavera, etc.) Preferred--Qualifications: --
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6 and Cobra.--
- Previous Earned Value Management System experience on EPC
- Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of varied backgrounds
and objectives. Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the
most respected global engineering, construction, and project
management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver
landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic
growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary
projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate
through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security &
Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our
company and our culture are built on more than a century of
leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of
which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are
what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and expression, age,--national origin, disability,
citizenship status (except as authorized by law),--protected
veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Bechtel Oil, Gas & Chemicals Incorporated, Jackson , Sr Project Controls Engineer, WTCC, Engineering , Richland, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!