ELL/ESL Teacher (Elementary School)
Company: RePublic Schools
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Who We Are
Serving more than 3,300 scholars in six schools across two cities;
Jackson, Mississippi and Nashville, Tennessee, RePublic Schools is
the only school network solely dedicated to reimagining public
education in the South.
Part of reimagining education in the South means that we confront
the historic inequities that work against our scholars and actively
work to dismantle those inequities. We are doing this by
intentionally creating environments that embrace, honor, and
celebrate our scholars' identities and experiences, as well as the
identities and experiences of every member of our community.
We are looking for determined ELL/ESL Teachers at the middle or
high school level to lock arms with our Smilow Collegiate team in
Jackson, MS for the 2022-23 school year. Candidates must share our
unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and
change the world. Sound like you?
Who You Are
- A steadfast believer that all students can achieve academic
excellence, regardless of background
- A growth-minded tinkerer who is constantly learning, improving,
and hungry for feedback
- A gritty problem-solver who is eager to approach challenges
with smart solutions in mind
- An eternal optimist who supports and motivates your teammates
by having their back
- A bond-builder , who believes that strong relationships are the
lynchpin for strong schools
- A fervent planner who backwards maps from big goals to drive
- A detail maven who recognizes that big things come from small,
intentional actions over time
- A data-driven analyst who reflects and takes swift action based
- A proactive communicator who reaches out to students, families,
What You'll Do
- Leading for Racial Equity - We believe that racism's legacy in
education is most entrenched in the South. We look at ourselves
first, reflect, and talk about the role racism plays in our lives.
We work to be constantly anti-racist in our words and actions.
- Pursue Growth - We believe that we can and must get better. We
constantly seek to both support each other and also improve our
- Get results. Continually plan lessons and analyze data to push
scholars to master rigorous content.
- Never stop growing. Offer and receive constructive feedback
from colleagues in order to create a professional working
atmosphere that aspires to excellence and is conducive to constant
improvement; dive humbly into school-wide and individual
professional development, including pre-service training over the
summer and weekly sessions during the academic year.
- Strive for Excellence - We believe achieving excellence is a
challenging journey. We maintain high standards and endeavor
towards excellence each day.
- Bring it. Have stamina and the ability to set and achieve
ambitious goals, and handle the intensity required to bring your
best self to a high-performing school environment where the stakes
are high for kids.
- Own your content. Create a rigorous curriculum aligned to
RePublic's academic model and Common Core Standards, do the
intellectual prep needed to deliver rigorous instruction, and
develop and demonstrate a genuine passion for your content area
that is contagious to scholars.
- Deliver strong. Dynamically lead students in whole-class and
small-group settings, cultivate intellectual curiosity and a love
of learning in scholars, and adjust using qualitative and
quantitative data to ensure student understanding and meet
differentiated student needs.
- Become Better Together - We believe that each member of our
community brings a unique and valuable perspective. We honor and
celebrate these perspectives, and we know that our differences make
- Be the teammate you want next door. Emanate optimism, bring up
the daily happiness quotient of the people around you, share
feedback to solve problems, reflect on how your actions impact
others, and take ownership over creating the staff culture you want
to show up to each day.
- Reach higher - and sweat the small stuff. Develop, uphold, and
implement RePublic's values and systems to effectively manage a
classroom and create a consistent experience for scholars across
- Create Joy - We believe that joy is the undercurrent of the
work we do. We choose to see and create the joy that is within us
and around us, and we actively work to spread that joy to others.
- Spread the love. Build deep relationships with students,
families, and staff to foster a culture of joy and community.
Maintain strong lines of communication with families about student
progress, and go above and beyond to support and collaborate
closely with teammates in the united pursuit of RePublic's
The Fine Print
- By the time that employment begins, all teachers must have a
- By the time that employment begins, all teachers in our schools
must meet certification requirements. There are a few ways to meet
- Hold a valid Mississippi teaching license and possess the
correct content endorsements needed to teach the particular
- Hold a valid teaching license that has successfully been
transferred from another state that offers reciprocity with MS
- Enroll in state-accredited Alternative Certification Program
pursuing certification and be eligible for recommendation of
licensure by district or program
- Prior Experience. Prior experience teaching students of diverse
language learning backgrounds, experience teaching in a low-income
community, and a demonstrated ability to raise achievement levels
of traditionally underserved students highly preferred. Ability to
demonstrate a deep commitment to addressing historic inequity along
lines of race + class in the American South required.
- Compensation. Salary is competitive with local district and
partner charter organizations, and commensurate based on prior
experience in education. Compensation at RePublic includes a
comprehensive benefits package.
As a part of reimagining public education in the South, we are
intentionally creating an environment that embraces, honors, and
celebrates our scholars' identities and experiences. We are working
to make environments that affirm our differences across race,
gender, age, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation,
gender orientation, physical abilities, socio-economic class, and
other characteristics that make up our unique identities.
Additionally, we've committed to hiring and developing individuals
who share the life experiences of our students because we believe
these individuals have an additional impact on our scholars. To
hear more about our journey to make our network a diverse and
equitable place, read this blog post .
- Interested? To apply for this position, please submit a resume
and an optional cover letter:
- Questions? Contact us: email@example.com
Keywords: RePublic Schools, Jackson , ELL/ESL Teacher (Elementary School), Education / Teaching , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!