Nursing-Behavioral Health Fixed-Term Winona
Company: Winona State University
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Position Type Faculty Division Academic Affairs Department
College of Nursing and Health Science Unit Nursing-Winona Location
Winona,MN FLSA Exempt Full/Part Time Full Time FTE 1.0 Employment
Condition Fixed Term Work Shift Work Schedule/Hours/Days RANK /
TITLE : Assistant/Associate Professor TYPE OF APPOINTMENT :
Fixed-Term/9 Month Appointment SALARY : Commensurate w/
APPOINTMENT DATE : August 16, 2021 PRIMARY LOCATION : Winona, MN
Salary Minimum Salary Maximum Salary Type Bargaining Unit/Plan 209,
IFO Job Description Responsibilities:
1. Provide instruction in undergraduate pediatrics in acute or
ambulatory care, transitional care, simulation, and/or community
practicum settings. The incumbent would be expected to teach
courses that would include but are not limited to, acute and
2. Provide instruction in varied locations, at varied times, and
via various media commensurate with department and University
3. Contribute to a program of scholarship within the discipline,
student advising, and service to the University and community.
4. Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement and
professional development to enhance knowledge of the field.
5. Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the
field to remain current in content area(s) or areas of expertise to
enhance teaching abilities.
6. Contribute to student learning and development.
7. Support Winona State University's mission to enhance the
intellectual, social, cultural and economic vitality of the people
and communities we serve by providing assistance and service to the
program, department, college, University and greater community.
8. Serve on department, college, university and/or community
9. Participate in programmatic accreditation. Required
1. A graduate degree in nursing from a Commission on Collegiate
Nursing Education ( CCNE ) or Accreditation
Commission on Education in Nursing ( ACEN ) accredited program or
an international equivalent. Note: For international applicants,
all qualifications will need to be verified by a United States
body e.g. Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (
CGFNS International, Inc.)
2. Licensed as a Registered Nurse with current registration or
eligible for licensure in MN and WI.
3. Satisfactory background study as required by Minnesota
4. A minimum of 3 years nursing experience with at least 1 year in
pediatrics in acute, ambulatory and/or chronic care settings.
5. Health Care Provider CPR certification, and up-to-date
immunizations, including influenza. Preferred Qualifications
1. Skills/ability to design, integrate and enhance technology in
learning, online teaching, hybrid, blended
2. Graduate level courses in curriculum and instruction and
educational testing and measurement or Certification for Nurse
Educators by the National League for Nursing.
3. Experience teaching baccalaureate nursing students.
4. A breadth of nursing experiences within the pediatric
5. Experience in guiding pediatric clinicals.
6. Flexibility to respond to a changing work environment.
7. Strong teamwork ethic and leadership qualities.
8. Simulation experience in varied form. Other Requirements A
complete online application will include:
1. A cover letter which addresses the qualifications listed
2. Curriculum Vitae/ Resume;
3. Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate);
4. Contact Information for at least 3 references, with addresses
and telephone numbers. About About Winona State University: Founded
in 1858, Winona State University ( WSU ) is the oldest member of
the Minnesota State System of colleges and universities. Today WSU
serves approximately 7,500 undergraduate and graduate students
across two campuses in Winona and Rochester, Minnesota (MN). Winona
State was named the second-best public institution in Minnesota by
U.S. News & World Report's "Best Colleges," was listed among the
"Best in the Midwest" by The Princeton Review, and named as one of
"America's 100 Best College Buys." Benefits Info Benefits: WSU
offers a comprehensive benefit package including life, health and
dental insurance, a retirement program, tuition waiver for employee
and dependents, as well as a variety of other benefits as defined
by the individual Collective Bargaining Agreements.
For information on our benefits (Medical and Dental Insurance; Life
Insurance; Disability and Long-Term Care; Pre-Tax Benefits; and
Health and Wellness), please refer to SEGIP's website
For information on Minnesota State's Retirement Plan(s), please go
Posting Number 2020/2021-20 Number of Vacancies 1 Re-posting No
Desired Start Date 08/16/2021 Position End Date (if temporary)
05/11/2022 Open Date Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Accept
Applications Yes Special Instructions Summary Posting Contact
firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Winona State
University is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to
the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed,
religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or
membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an
affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage
applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and
individuals with protected veteran status. Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a graduate degree in nursing from a Commission on
Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or Accreditation Commission on
Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited program or an international
equivalent? Note: For international applicants all qualifications
will need to be verified by a United States accrediting body e.g.
Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS
- * Are you licensed as a Registered Nurse with current
registration or eligible for licensure in MN and WI?
- * Do you have a minimum of 3 years nursing experience with at
least 1 year in pediatrics in acute, ambulatory and/orchronic care
- * Do you possess Health Care Provider CPR certification, and
are up-to-date on your immunizations, including influenza?
Keywords: Winona State University, Jackson , Nursing-Behavioral Health Fixed-Term Winona
Supplemen[...], Education / Teaching , Winona, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!