Business Office Representative Clerk (PT) - Surgicare of Jackson
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Location: US-MS-Jackson# of Openings: 1Category: OtherSystem ID:
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Provide support to the facility by performing specific or various
business office functions as assigned. These functions are to
include (but not limited to): Medical Records, Credentialing,
Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections,
Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and
other duties as assigned.
- Schedules surgeries in surgery template in the computer, along
with pertinent information and handles calls from physician's
office in regard to information on scheduling patients at the
surgery center, scheduling surgeries or any calls associated with
- Answers phone in a pleasant manner and deals with physician
offices and patient's needs expeditiously. Takes messages and
transfers calls to other departments when necessary.
- Does pre-registration and makes sure that authorization is
obtained from the physician's office prior to surgery scheduled.
Completes necessary paperwork for registration and uses computer
system to generate information for surgical/special procedure.
- Maintains log for cancelled appointments.
- Performs various clerical duties such as photocopying forms,
reports, patient information, mailing surveys, preparing patient
charts, faxing forms and retrieving faxes as needed.
- Maintains clean and orderly surgery scheduling area.
- All scheduled cases are verified as soon as possible.
- Patients with a financial responsibility are contacted
immediately and informed of the center's payment policies as well
as offered payment options if necessary.
- All insurance verification and patient calls are clearly
documented in the patient's account.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree or
- Minimum three years of experience in health care and minimum of
one-year experience in surgery scheduling procedures
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work
independently as well as function within a team
- Have a basic knowledge of surgery scheduling, receptionist and
registration responsibilities; and must possess the ability to
- The candidate must be flexible with hours and be able to work
which ever shift is to be covered.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates PI128412768
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Jackson , Business Office Representative Clerk (PT) - Surgicare of Jackson, Administration, Clerical , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!