Company: Rogers Dabbs Chevrolet
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Title: Title/Billing/Accounting office clerk - Summary
Processes car deals, log in vehicle inventory and conduct all
generalized dealership accounting protocols including verifying
costs for the accounting department, costs of reconditioning and
equipment add-ons and handles the legal transfer of documents for
the Department of Motor Vehicles. This role at Rogers-Dabbs
Chevrolet is not strictly confined to one defined daily task but a
mesh of all dealership accounting department roles to include;
accounts payables, accounts receivables, billing and title work. -
- Processes all new and used vehicles for registration in the
state in which they will be titled.
- Prepares tax and title documents.
- Submits all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor
- Verifies that funds have been collected and the correct
lienholder paid off before processing title applications.
- Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all
information is complete.
- Prepares payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins.
- Bills out all dealer trades and prepares Certificates of
- Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles.
- Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title
work. Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem
titles and provides a current list of outstanding titles to the
comptroller at the end of month.
- Signs over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full.
Prepares a monthly report to management of any funds not collected
from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work.
- Prepares stock cards for new and used vehicles.
- Posts vehicle sales and purchases.
- Processes/registers all vehicle warranties and extended service
contracts, maintaining a log of all contracts processed and
- Processes yearly renewal of dealer tags in conjunction with
- Stays abreast of title regulations. Attends seminars held by
local licensing bureaus and any available training on title
- Cross-trains others to handle title clerk daily
- Conducts periodic training sessions for F&I managers and
sales personnel regarding title regulations and procedures and
issues a written memo to managers and all sales personnel whenever
- Directs title runner in daily routines.
- Prepares invoices listing items sold and service provided,
amounts due and credit terms.
- Issues credit memorandums to indicate returned or incorrectly
- Prepares credit forms for customers or finance companies.
- Posts transactions to accounting records such as worksheet,
ledger and computer files.
- Accesses computer files and compiles reports as requested.
- Maintains professional appearance and neat work area.
- Other tasks as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities NONE -
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school; or six months to one year related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university;
or one to two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to Two -years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
organization. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to
deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Physical Demands The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Work Environment The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Rogers Dabbs Chevrolet, Jackson , Billing/Title/Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Brandon, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...