Senior Loan Officer
Company: Farm Credit Council
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Serves present and prospective members/customers with sound, productive short, intermediate and long term agricultural credit according to district policies, standards and procedures. Promotes related services to all current and prospective members. Services all assigned existing loans within delegated authorities. May train and direct less experienced loan officers.
- Develops new business by actively pursuing new individual and business customers and by becoming a visible and involved member of the community.
- Expands existing relationships by proactively researching customer needs and matching bank products and services to those needs.
- Interviews applicants, gathers, analyzes and reconciles complete, accurate credit and financial data using the five credit factors under the guidelines of differential analysis.
- Determines credit risk and makes timely and accurate decisions.
- Establishes and renegotiates credit terms, when necessary.
- Inspects or appraises collateral as needed or applicable.
- Communicates credit decision to loan applicants.
- Services loans in portfolio to retain high loan level quality.
- Reviews progress of loans on a periodic basis.
- Makes periodic calls on loan customers to evaluate management, inspect collateral and detect signs of potential financial problems.
- Monitors delinquent reports and counsels with customers to bring accounts current.
- Provides guidance to customers seeking solutions to financial problems.
- Follows market trends and developments to increase association's business in established and developing markets.
- Keeps in formed of competition and their markets, primary products and services, major strengths and limitations, and their basic pricing arrangements.
- Provides information to existing and potential members/borrowers as to available financially related services and properly handles financial service accounts.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics or Finance.
- Three+ years or related agricultural lending experience.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and familiarity with financial databases and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent computer proficiency and familiarity with financial databases and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to employ diplomacy and tact with customers and prospects while articulating the benefits of Farm Credit.
- Ability to be assertive and decisive in arriving at sound business decisions which serve the best interest of the ACA and the borrower.
- Current awareness of economic developments and production technology affecting agriculture in the region.
- Travel to/from other branch offices, associations, AgFirst or other facilities.
- PRO BLEM SOLVING AND DECISIONMAKING: - Deals with new applicants and repeat borrowers to include moderately complex loans and treatments.
Keywords: Farm Credit Council, Jackson , Senior Loan Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Greenwood, Mississippi
here to apply!