Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Rocket Software, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2022
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
they're doing! Job Description Summary: As a Senior Systems
Engineer at Rocket Software, you are part of a global, fast-paced
IT organization with a primary mission to provide world class
service to software development labs and internal departments
ensuring our employees are able to perform at the highest level.
You will be responsible for the design, implementation,
maintenance, and monitoring of complex systems in your area of
expertise. You will identify, analyze, and resolve system issues
and report on deficiencies in configuration, process, and
documentation as well as develop and recommend corrective actions.
You will collaborate with other senior members and architect
members of the team to influence and make suggestions that aid in
the designing of technical solutions. At times you will be called
on to mentor junior team members.Essential Duties and
- Engineer, configure, and assist in the architecting of
moderately complex technical solutions for applications/systems
implementations and upgrades based on specific business
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation,
testing and management of enterprise cloud environments.
- Partner with various IT and business teams to understand
business requirements for administration, configuration, and
support for maintenance or enhancement of existing systems.
- Support development labs and other critical infrastructure
which support Rocket Software business units.
- Evaluate business and technology requirements to determine the
best fit for our environment.
- Ensure security best practices and documentation exist for all
new infrastructure related systems and applications as they are
- Recommend strategies and standards for all platform
- Ensure that solutions meet all compliance, legal, internal
controls, and auditing/accounting standards.
- Works with both internal and external customers and vendors to
resolve technical system problems in a timely manner with a primary
focus on moderately complex problems.
- Participate in the integration / migration activities related
to mergers and acquisitions.
- Work with other IT staff members to automate management tasks,
streamline processes and perform standard administration functions
- At times perform day-to-day system administration and tasks for
- Drive continuous improvement within the IT organization.
- Support junior team members as required.Required
- 5+ years of experience in systems and architecture design and
support of a multi-cloud and multi-datacenter corporate
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting AWS and Azure
IaaS and PaaS services.
- Experience with migrating and integrating AWS and Azure cloud
services with existing cloud services due to mergers and
- Experience automating cloud functions via scripting or
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and configuration
including the OSI model, TCP/IP and reverse proxy configurations as
it relates to cloud connectivity.
- Expert level knowledge of Active Directory and federation with
- Ability to troubleshoot incidents and conduct system analysis
with minimal direction.
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and
with minimal support and guidance.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; desire and
ability to document configurations in support of a larger
- Good interpersonal skills with a strong focus on listening and
questioning to derive the best solutions.
- Strong project management skills and attention to details with
a customer focus is critical.
- Expert knowledge of systems management in a complex
- Ability to present ideas and solutions to challenging issues;
then lead and implement those ideas.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.Preferred
- Microsoft Azure or AWS certifications preferred but not
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365, DNS, DHCP and group policy
- Expert knowledge of Linux or Windows operating systems
- Strong background with VMware preferred.Education:
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
experienceTravel Requirements: Information Security: Information
security is everyones responsibility. A fundamental principle of
information security at Rocket Software is that all individuals in
the organization have a responsibility for the security and
protection of company information and IT Resources over which they
have control, according to their role.Diversity, Inclusion &
Equity: At Rocket we are committed to an inclusive workplace
environment, where every Rocketeer can thrive by bringing their
full selves to work. Being a Rocketeer means you are part of our
movement to continually drive inclusivity, diversity and equity in
our workforce.Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a
diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc.
is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices
regarding citizenship and immigration status.Rocket is committed to
working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals
with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special
assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please
call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com.
We will make a determination on your request for reasonable
accommodation on a case-by-case basis.#LI-RemoteIf you like wild
growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll
enjoy your career with us!
Keywords: Rocket Software, Inc., Jackson , Senior Systems Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!